Thursday, September 25, 2008

I proudly display my button...

The last few Mondays I have worn my button with Cody's football picture on it. I wear it proudly. Although, he looks so mean and tough in it, and of course I know the truth, he is a Momma's boy. Don't tell him I told you, but he cuddles with me nightly and gives me a sweet kiss when he goes to bed. (I am wondering if MU offers dorms for parents to move in with their kids???Go Tigers!) :~)

Back to the button...

I wear it with the sense of pride that every parent has for their kids. You see, my kid is an overcomer. He was diagnosed 3 1/2 years ago with Growth Hormone Deficiency. He has been one of the smallest kids in his class since he was 7 years old. When he was 11 1/2 he weighed in at 62 pounds and 4'5". He is now nearly 15 (October 1) and weighs in at 106 and 5'4". I think with his pads he hit 110...HOLY COW bring on the party! He has never let that stop his desire to do anything. He loved football too much to believe the people along the way who thought he wasn't big enough, fast enough, able to catch a pass and gain enough yards, big enough to stop the other team....whatever it was, he didn't buy it. I am so thankful that didn't buy into the lie.

He believes more in himself than some of the people he has come into contact with along his journey. He is made of steel. Love that kid. Anyway, I wear this button to shout to the world, THIS IS MY KID AND I AM SOOOOO PROUD, IN LOVE WITH, ADORE, CHERISH, BELIEVE IN, and TOTALLY LAY CLAIM TO...this is MY KID!. A couple of people have made comments about my button. It always seems to get noticed. I can't understand it with me being so shy and all. :~)

Which leads me to the point....are you wearing God's button? If you are a God lovin, Bible Readin', Church goin' Christian, you my friend are wearing the button. We must be so aware that every minute of everyday our button is being viewed by so many, some who appreciate it and admire it, and others who want to see WHY you are wearing the button. Without grace we don't deserve to wear the button, but there is no greater truth than the fact that we are worthy of wearing the button. Worthy because of what Jesus did on that cross. Put on your button friends. We have something to be in awe about...DISPLAY IT and be accountable for it!

My hope and prayer is that while God wears his button of this girl, and let me tell you God is wearing our button. He is so in love with us. He adores us and cherishes us because we are wonderfully made (Psalm 139) If he can wear my button--from the girl who has messed up more times than she cares to count, and who has been pulled out of the pit more than she cares to count, and has asked for second, third, fourth etc. chances....he will wear your button too. All you have to do is ask Him.

There were several times that I believed the lie that I wasn't worthy to wear God's button, nor was I worthy enough to ask Him to wear mine. I bought into the lie. I wish I had the mindset Cody has, but I really don't. I not only bought into the lie, but tried to sell it too. My eyes were opened a few years ago that my life has been redeemed, I am not my mistakes of the past, but those mistakes I made have also made me grow into the person I am today. God is incapable of lying. His word says that All have fallen short (Romans 6:23)..and friends, we are the ALL, but His word also says, WHILE we were stil sinners Christ died for us. He knew how we were and he still proudly displayed your button. You are worthy. Never buy into the lie that you are not worthy! EVERY drop of blood on that cross screams, YOU ARE WORTHY...NOT because of who we are, but because of who HE is! Amen and Amen.

Well, I guess I need to go polish my button!

Blessings,
Jen

1 comment:

Deanna said...

:-)

Yes! Great post Jen. Where does that immense love and pride for our children come from? I would like to see the evolutionist try to explain how it is that these feelings have come into existence. We were created in His image. He set the example. We love because HE first loved us!