Thursday, July 3, 2008

I hate the thought of packing...

I am NOT a traveler.

I really love being home. I know that may come as a shock to those of you who know me, because I am rarely at home, or so it feels! However, I am ALWAYS home to sleep in my own bed. We are going to be gone for 10 days..TEN....how does one stay away from home for 10 days?

I have started writing out everything I need to take with me when we head south. I have started writing out what the kids need to take, and what Richard needs to take, and what we need to get ready for Jaxson Bo....and I have come to the conclusion that it will take about 20 suitcases. AT a rate of an extra $15.00 per bag for the first bag and a steady rate of $20.00 for the ones that follow, we should only have to pay about an extra $380.00 for luggage on the flight.

How does one pack for ten days? Good grief, what if you have to change your clothes several times a day? What if it is so hot you sweat and need a new shirt to put on, (or ketchup gets on your pants, not that I would know anything about this)...WHAT IF?

I hate being away from home.

I have always been that person who needs and desires to feel secure..safe and sound...whatever you want to call it. So I just have always loved being home.

Another problem....crowds.

Ok, I know I can talk to a brick wall, but I really don't like waiting in lines, or the dirtiness of public places. I cringe at the thought of public bathrooms at Walt Disney World...icky icky icky. I have watched way too many 20/20's that show WHAT the public bathroom, hotel rooms, and airplanes REALLY have on them....NASTY NASTY!

The other problem... I hate heat.

I just get plain grouchy when I am hot. I don't understand it, but I turn into this crazy person when I am hot. I hate it. Do you think it will be hot in Orlando in the middle of JULY?

All of this together equals one thing.. you must pray for my family, they need need need your prayers!

Luckily, we rented a condo, so we have laundry facilities there, so I can wash clothes if need be, I will take clorox wipes with me in my purse, and I will be drinking a lot of water and have a lot of pony tail holders.

The countdown to Florida--one week from tomorrow.

Blessings,
Jen

No comments: