Monday, March 3, 2008

March Madness!

It seems unreal to believe that February 2008 is in the history books. We have experienced one of the worst winters in recent history. Northwest Missourians are sick of snow, ice, and cold temperatures. We are borderline mad, with a hint of depression! :)

We are in full swing of basketball with Kensey Rae. She is playing 2-3 tournaments per month. Cody is almost finished, THAT is a praise! We only have one kid playing there is no decision on who will go to what game! Cody is still lifting weights every M-W-F after school so he is still active, just not on the weekends!

Our nephew, Zachary, and his wife, Teresa, had their second child in February... Hayden Zachary was born a couple weeks early but completely full grown at 9 lbs! He is a cutie! Richard's sister, Tanya, went and played Grandma for a week, and his other sister, Ginger, has been updating us with photos almost daily.

Richard is working A LOT already, which means that summer will be a busy one! THAT is good in some ways, and not so great in others. He is already worn out. THAT is not good! :~)

I took on a new part time job, in addition to my full time job. I am the new 911 Coordinator for the county. It is going to be somewhat challenging, which I love. I will train for the better part of this year and then maybe on my own in 2009. I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to make some extra money that we will be putting towards medical bills for our son who seems to always have some "rare" thing occur!

Speaking of which.. Cody was back in the hospital in February for what appeared to be an appendix issue, only to find after CT scan and blood work, that he had some weird virus. (I told you!) He is still seems to be responding to his growth hormone, although it is a very slow progress. We head back to Children's Mercy this month, so we will see where we are at.

Kensey Rae had 3 inches cut off of her hair this week. She looks adorable, although somewhat grown up too. Bittersweet. She is such a crack up. I need to update a photo of her!

I am participating in a Bible Study at Church by Beth Moore called Stepping Up! I highly recommend this study! I LOVE it!! Which reminds me.. I need to get back to work, I have study tonight and I am not done with my lesson.

Hope all is well--

God's Blessings,
Jen

No comments: