Thursday, March 20, 2008

Holy Week.....

Good Morning Friends and Family!

We are in the midst of Holy Week. It is just amazing to think of all that transpired during this week. Last night at AWANA, my 3rd and 4th grade girls were asking all sorts of questions. I was basically at the beck and mercy of our Lord to help me answer some of their deep quesitons!! (you know when you scan the room at the other adults for some help and assistance to help answer!!!) There girls are smarties and I LOVE to listen to their minds spin on concepts that I KNOW the Spirit has planted deeply within them. So awesome!!

So one of the girls last night said, "I don't understand how they could call Good Friday.. Good...good for us I guess, but not good for Jesus" Yes indeed my dear one, Good for US! When I think how that man must have felt...nailed by his limbs, beaten to a bloody pulp.....taken the heat for what I would do....telling me he loved me enough to do it....asking one last time...Father if you can take this cup.. then take it.....Don't we all understand that feeling? I will do it God, but if there is any other way... DO THAT....With that, the earth shook, and it was done. I wonder what it would have been like to witness that.

It's almost Friday... but Sunday is coming.....Amen and Amen...

No comments: