Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Through my eyes....

The month of May has been BUSY....

My mother turned (whispering...56) this month! Can you believe it? She looks so amazing for being so.....young! :~) My sisters and I took her out to lunch and a little shopping! We had the best day! My Mom is one of those woman that I strive to be like. I am not sure how she did it all. She was a single Mom with four kids, a job, she helped take care of my Grandma, PTO President, Booster Club President, APE something or other, and a million other things. She handled everything with grace... well there was a few slammed cabinets in there......and she never lost her temper....from the hours of midnight to 5 a.m.....:~) There are several things about my Mom that will forever be etched in my brain....her lipstick..bright and so Mom like....her smile...nobody has a better smile....and her LAUGH....it is one of those distinct laughs that makes you laugh! Her way of making her home feel "comfortable" and "home".....Yep, I wanna be my Mom. I wanna be her without doing.....one day she called Jill on her way down to her house to watch the boys...Mom was turning on I29 and was explaining to Jill that she was running a little late....and said, oh dang it Jill, I left my cellphone sitting on the kitchen table... I am going to have to run home and get it....Jill interrupted her and said Mom, you are talking on it.......or when she is wearing her sunglasses at night or when she can't find her reading glasses and she puts on her sunglasses.....they are reading sunglasses but still....I love ya Mom!

Cody is officially a freshman. A freshman. WHEN did that happen? He represents to me that God is so good. We started our marriage out on a hill...a very steep hill. I was eighteen. Richard was twenty four. The only thing we knew was that we loved each other. I think at our wedding there were two people who thought we would make it...Richard and myself. When we had Cody, it was as though God gave me a second chance at life. All of my life I had been fairly selfish. I was all about me. When Cody came along, he changed me. I can remember sitting for hours upon hours staring into those little eyes thinking....praying.....crying....loving.... He and Richard became my world. God blessed me with this adorable boy and I was so undeserving. Cody represents God's grace to me. I have to brag on my son...he ended his 8th grade year with straight A's. This child in the history of his school career has never received anything but A's. He has received the Citizenship Award, the Model Student Award,the Rose Award, and The High Honor Roll for Life Award. Richard and I sit amazed at his accomplishments. Our baby will be driving in October with a permit, and to that I must say....stay out of his way! :~)

Kensey Rae is going to be a fifth grader. How did my BABY GIRL grow up to be a fifth grader? Wowzer! She has just enough spunk in her to make you smile, enough life in her to make you want to live your own, enough spirit that it glows around her, and she is just plain FUNNY! I spent last Friday with her. We went shopping, had a pedicure, went and found her new shoes...(she now has over 50 pairs of shoes) and had what Kensey Rae calls a "FAB GIRLS DAY"....I kept thinking as we were laughing at the outfits she would pick out..(mine was a fearful laugh).....how awesome it is to have a daughter. I have a daughter. I have this young lady who has enough confidence in herself to be anything she wants to be, enough beauty to get people's attention...and the brains to pull it off! Did I mention that she received the Rose Award and the High Honor Roll award? Yep, she had all A's this year (and every other year before that as well)

Richard is loving his new job! I am loving his new hours! He is the most deserving man I know. I don't know why or how I was so blessed to be his wife, but I thank God daily for him! (Except when he leaves his wet towel on the bed, dirty clothes in a pile and his tea glass on the coffee table) :~)

I am so Blessed. We don't understand how blessed we are. I received an email with quote on the signature line that read....When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around....which prompted this post. Think about your blessings and I guarantee you.....the other stuff just goes away....

Blessings,
Jen

No comments: