Sunday, November 23, 2008

Looking for God's Handywork....

Our sunday school class was fairly deep today. We laughed a lot, but it also made me think.

When you are in the midst of a trial or in the midst of pain, it is so difficult to see God. Isn't it easy to just forget that God is part of the trials? As long as God is working "our" plan we praise Him, but the minute things go off our plan we think God forgot us or that He isn't around, but He so is!

I can't tell you how many times Richard and I have walked through the ugly....or crawled through it-only to receive countless blessings on the other side. I have also learned that God may be a little bit smarter than this ole country girl!

A few years ago I received an email from a woman who had buried her child as a result of a car accident, and in the email she told me how she learned that Blessed is His Name in the good times and the bad times. She leaned on that song through her sadness and through her journey of finding her Joy in Christ again. I still have that email. I cannot imagine the pain of losing one of my children. My heart aches and my eyes fill with tears at the very thought! I read that email from time to time, and just pray for her. She is such a witness of finding God in the storm.

Most of the time, I see God's handy work AFTER the storm when I am safe and sound again. My attitude must be that I seek God before, during, and after the storm. My prayer is that my eyes will be open to see Him.

I am so thankful for moments like this morning, when I can be reminded that God is very much at work in my life every minute--every minute. Wow, how cool is that?

1 comment:

Stacey said...

It's not easy to do, though, is it. Beautifully written post, hon. John and I have gone through some difficult storms in our lives, and last year was amongst the top three worst of them. And while John stayed steadfast in his faith and his seeking to see Him in it all, not gonna lie, I wavered. Lots. I'd love to say I won't again, and I hope one day I will look back and say I didn't waver again. ~Hugs~ Stacey